First things first - you need to make yourself a Christmas Wishlist! In this guide we're going to be using Amazon and their built-in Wishlist functionality as an in-depth example, but the same principle applies to any link you wish to shorten with our website.
1) To start making your Amazon Wishlist you must have an Amazon account, so head on over to this page and sign yourself up (it's free). We'll just wait here for you…
Done? Great! Now for the fun part - it's time for some virtual shopping!
2) Head to the Amazon Home Page and find some products you'd like to add to your Wishlist - you can add literally anything throughout the whole Amazon catalogue to your Wishlist (and that is a LOT of stuff!).
3) Once you find a product you'd like to add to your Wishlist, simply click the "Add to Wish List" button on the right hand-side of the product page, as demonstrated below:
4) After a while, you should have a fairly comprehensive Wishlist ready to share with the world. To use our service, you simply need to provide us with the URL of your Amazon Wishlist.
5) To find the URL of your Wishlist, simply access this link (make sure you're signed-in to Amazon) and you will be presented with your Wishlist page. On this page, at the top of your Wishlist, you will see a link named "Share with Friends". Click this link, and a box will pop-up on the page, as demonstrated below:
6) Simply copy the "Permalink" URL from this pop-up box, return to My Xmas List, and paste the link into the field on our website (and don't forget to choose a personalised name). After submitting your link, a new short URL will be automatically generated for you to call your own. Simples!
7) Now all you have to do is share your short URL amongst your friends and family so they know what to get you for Christmas this year!
Your short link is best suited to services such as Facebook and Twitter, but you may use it wherever you wish - and don't forget to tell your friends where they can get their own Christmas themed Wishlist!